Veritas r8 Remote Keypad Pad Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am looking to replace an existing r8 RKP as the current one has faded in the sun. I am very much hoping that somebody can give me some instructions or guidance on how to do this e.g. do I need to shut the alarm down? It is a like for like replacement.

Appreciate any help you can offer.

Sponsored Links
That is not too difficult. )

Do you know engineer code and have installation manual for your system?

These you need before start planing the job

Hi, no don't know the alarm code.

I have the installation manual for the new RKP. I was planning to just swap the 4 wires onto the replacement RKP. Will this work?

No, If system is live, ones you open existing keypad it usually sets tamper alarm.

I assumed you at least know user code to arm/disarm system! But if not and you also don't know engineer code this case you need to crash alarm system, default it and reprogram. After that you can change keypad.

Installation manual for the alarm system, not for keypad, must be in you hands for this job.

Sponsored Links
Power down system mains and battery , swop over keypad , power up enter user code all done....

More than likely, assuming tamper is programmed as user resetable..

Open main panel.
Silence alarm with user code.
Disconnect battery.
Isolate mains supply.
External sounder is likely to then sound. Put up with it.
Make sure keypad dip switches are set identically
Swap keypad.
Reconnect mains.
Enter user code.
Reconnect battery.
Replace cover.
Reset system.

Mains will be present in panel with cover off, upto the transformer on bottom left. Be wary.

Thank you very much for the replies.

I do know the user code but not the engineer code. I have come up with an idea.

I want to replace the RKP but I could put the old/existing circuit board into the new RKP. I was thinking of:

1. Turn off switch on consumer unit to alarm.
2. Open alarm panel and silence alarm.
3. Remove spade to backup battery
4. Open RKP
5. Remove wires to RKP
6. Remove circuit board
7. Install new RKP back cover.
8. Put old circuit board back into new RKP.
9. Put front cover on RKP.
10. Connect battery in alarm panel
11. Turn on switch at consumer unit to the alarm.

Will this work?

I am worried that if a balls it up, I will end up with an alarm that I can't silence!

Why go to all that extreme and not swap the PCB? As long as the DIP switches are set the same.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back