Very hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
We have a Main Medway Boiler which has been serviced annually, but not for the last 15months.

We have noticed that during the last four or five days, the water has got very hot.

During a shower, which has a mixer tap, it is not now possible to get an even temperature.

It is the same with the kitchen sink and the bathroom hand basin which are not mixers, the water becomes very hot.

Any advice on this please?
thank you

Sponsored Links
The Main Medway is a multipoint water heater and has very limited water temp controls.There are a few things which can cause your symptoms and as some of them involve gas measurements I would treat the water heater to a service by a qualified engineer.

Thanks 45yearsagasman,

We have had the same Service Engineer for well over 20 years looking after this boiler, in fact his son has grown from a small child and now has his own qualifications and works with him.
Anyway the boiler has been serviced every year since new, this year we held back (saving the £140 cover) to consider whether of not we should now replace with a Combi boiler. we have a seperate boiler (25years old), for our central heating, our engineer understood our dilema.
Its ironic that three months out of cover and we need to call him in.
Thank you for your response.

Slinger, a little surprised that the appliance has gone belly up 15 months after it was serviced. My experience is that if the service is as detailed in the manual, these water heaters hardly ever miss a beat.

Then again you may just be unlucky

To some a service is cleaning the case with a feather duster and belief that if it aint broke, leave it alone. Modern form of service is run the boiler and check the flue gases. If the flame is OK then it is assumed the water section is in tip top condition as well.

Sponsored Links
DP, thanks for your comment, I have an engineer calling tomorrow (Friday).

I'll keep an eye open for the gas check that you mention.

I wonder if because of its age (over 25 years), spares are still available.

as well as for the Glow-wormFuel saver F which was installed a bit later?

thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back