Victorian House - Damp or Condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved into a victorian semi detached house earlier this year and had a damp survey undertaken which has recommended further air bricks in the cellar. A couple of less reputable companies said a full new damp course.

The house has a knocked through lounge to diner. However having lived in the house a while now it seems that the corner of the room which are on external walls keep getting a lot of moisture internally like condensation, which if I don't wipe off turns black/to mould. Is it likely to be rising damp or condensation?

Also a 1st floor bedroom seems to get the same in one corner (I have had the guttering replace to ensure water isn't seeping in from leaking guttering) Furthermore in the same room there are two areas on the external wall where the paint keeps bubbling, a bit like with rising damp except there is no salt to sand off. A builder said it was possibly likely to be due to the plaster being painted before it was fully dry in the past. Is this true????

Any advise appreciated

Rachel

Sponsored Links
yes I do, do you think that is the likely cause?
I've dried clothes indoors in previous houses and never had this problem.

What about the corner of the bedroom wall though, that is no where near where I dry the clothes

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back