Viessmann Boiler Quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need a combi storage boiler installing to replace my aging Glow Worn Xtramax non condensing boiler. all pipes are existing apart from the 22mm plastic condensing pipe, which needs to be routed under the floor boards from the airing cupboard and into the ceiling in the kitchen coming out at the back of the washer.

I have had a quote so far and I know the cost of the boiler is between £1500 & £1600 and would expect the job taking 1 day or 2 at a stretch, the final quote came over £2800.

Is this quote reasonable, £600 to £650 a day assuming it will take 2 days or should I get more quotes, this seems high to me, however it's not everyday that I have a new boiler fitted.

Sponsored Links
Would always recommend a few quotes for comparison, but would you just go for the cheapest anyway? That's not money in the fitters pocket by the way, it costs a hell of a lot to be a proper gas fitter and there's fittings/flushing/chemicals/consumables to take into account.

Personally seems ok to me, but actual price/value for money will depend on location in the country and how good a job the fitter does

Sponsored Links
Get a quote off of British Gas, then you will understand what excessive is :D

Not only British Gas are expensive but I have heard of some of the work they turn out, not all British Gas engineers are bad, but some are like anywhere I should presume.

Get more quotes if u like price is fair if not good IMO
I'm assuming it isn't on an outside wall? Or the condense would probably go that way.
So should we assume it's a vertical flue?
Could easily be £300 (or more) in flue pipe, bends, terminal. Roofer???

I'm assuming it isn't on an outside wall? Or the condense would probably go that way.

Yes, it is a vertical flue and not an outside wall either.

Then that can change the price quite dramatically for the dearer

So an average vertical flue could cost £300 and take half to a full day. And could also have a roofer at maybe £100ish
Defiantly get a quote from Bg and find out how much roof works add to a quote :LOL:

Funny how we were never told about the vertical flue.

So did your price of £1500 for the boiler include the vertical flue with all the joints that needs?

Or did you conveniently forget it?

Did you really expect him to power flush the system, fit the boiler, and fit the vertical flue all in just one day?

• Thanks
Reactions: oph
£3k is what I was quoted by a known and trusted Gas Safe bod for a vertical flue job on a worcester combi mounted in my loft. My neighbour paid £2k for a heat only boiler wall mounted connected to the existing cylinder etc, new controls and wiring. Same bungalow as mine . Because I am a retired plumber and not Gas Safe I got the price - and so I kept the existing floor standing open flue Potterton Kingfisher mark2. . Get 2 more quotes from independants and a BG one for a laugh.;)

Looks like a good price to me by the time you've factored in the cost of the flue, flushing the system, rearranging the pipes into the correct order for the new boiler, commissioning etc etc

Yes, all you've got to hope is the pipework is neat, not undersized, the wiring is correct, the flue is properly assembled (no burrs inside, screwed together) etc.

Customers seem to miss the important bit, which is quality and knowledge. If you buy a new Audi on price, it will be the same car wherever you go because the spec will be identical, your wife may just not get a bunch of flowers on the passenger seat. So shop around.

If you buy an installation of something complex like a boiler replacement, much of the cost will reflect the time taken, training invested in, and other materials used. The cheapest job might be desperately grim. If you worked in our trade you would see the gulf of difference in quality out there, every day.

If you went out for a pizza you wouldn't ring round for quotes and pick the cheapest, surely?

No Power flushing necessary, the system was cleaned about a month ago.

I am not after the cheapest price, I am after a fair and correct price, I wouldn't be getting a Viessmann boiler if I was after the cheapest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back