Viessmann Vitodens 100W running hot and cold

Hi everyone thanks for your replies just an update. Threatened installer with solicitors and all of a sudden he said Viessman would come out and look without charge.

They came today and have ordered flow sensor and H/W sensor.

We will wait for them to be fitted and update you then.

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
I would have expected him to carry both of those!

Tony

Hi everyone

just an update sorry should have done it earlier. Man from Viessman changed two sensors. The farthest taps from the boiler work perfectley adequately now even on low flow still produce hot water. The kitchen one on low flow will still run hot then cold - if you turn it up to half it will stay warm continually. The guy told me this is because it is an old plastic 90's tap and the flow sensor is not picking it up on low flow so need to get a new tap!

Dear (DIYnotters?)
Maybe someone knows if the flow sensor can be replaced with one from vaillant or Glow worm Ultracom for their lower switching flow, 1.5l/min and 1l/min, respectively?

Sponsored Links
Ask Viessmann as using another product would invalidate their warrantee.

But the flow sensor is not the problem. Its the minimum power out of the boiler would make it turn on/off.

Tony

Agile, note that they would not necessarily know about this if I swapped back before the next boiler service.

As far as I can see the boiler goes on/off anyway, especially when in comfort mode. Are you suggesting that the other two brands boilers can modulate down to <half (glow worm) of what viessmann can? I don't think so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back