Vinyl Paint-Dragging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Just started to paint my hallway, quick freshen up ready for Xmas, and i'am using vinyl paint. Is there any way to prevent the dragging effect on the walls?
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
If you mean brush marks then use a smooth pile roller.

As Joe says...and you could try thinning it out a little and make sure its cold in the hallway, warm conditions send the paint off quickly

Are you using vinyl silk by any chance?

Yes the brush is a fine one. Didn't realise you could thin a vinyl; doesn,t that ruin the moisture resistance...?
It's a kitchen and bathroom paint with a 'mid sheen', goes on just like vinyl. oop's :rolleyes: had heating on.

Sponsored Links
Yes the brush is a fine one. Didn't realise you could thin a vinyl; doesn,t that ruin the moisture resistance...?
It's a kitchen and bathroom paint with a 'mid sheen', goes on just like vinyl. oop's :rolleyes: had heating on.

Say no more!

The stuff is pure evil in a can..even pros have a job putting it on it sags and drags terrible.

Why do you want moisture resistance on your hallway walls?

As my hallway is narrow, it helps me in keeping the walls clean, having a ten year old son an'all.

Is it ok to dilute then, say 15-20% water? it would help in applying as the walls were artexed by previous owner and i could use a roller instead of a brush. I scrapped the surface of all the peaks (worse than knives) but still left with the moon surface effect (who put the word art in artex :mad: ).

If you already have the paint then you might as well use it up...I wouldnt thin it by anymore than 15% though.

If you need to buy more then I'd recommend acrylic eggshell...its more of less the same thing but flows better.

Medium woven pile roller sleeve will be fine for Artex..well unless its anything like my first attempt (and last) at artexiing which made the kitchen walls of a former girlfriend look like a cave!

We split up shortly after..coincedence..? :confused:

Thanks for the advice.

You'll probably hear more from me in future as i have a bathroom and kitchen to re-fit but not till new year now.

once again, cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back