Virgin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have Virgin phone, TV and broadband, the only reason for the TV is so I can watch motorbike racing on British Eurosport, however it appears to be getting a bit expensive so, is there a way I can get what I want with a freeview box? Has anyone any experience?

Sponsored Links
Virgin? And you talk about 'experience'? :mrgreen:

like sky,
hence why i binned it and just watch free view.
if i really want to watch something ill try and find it on the web.and use the allowance of broadband.

maybe freesat and a dish
or threaten to leave and ask for retentions they have far more to offer to entice you to stay

Sponsored Links
That thread title enticed me here under false pretences and now I'm disappointed... ;)

Not with a freeview box.

You can pick up eurosport for free on some foreign sattelites but the commentry may not be in english and you would need a suitable dish and box (can't share the dish with a sky system because it needs to be pointed differently). There also seems to be an online option.

http://www.ukfree.tv/helpme.php?faqid=213

Jump into my time machine.

I'll take you back to my house in 1989. We had Sky and Eurosport was free then, along with loads of other channels including Sky One.
Used to watch the X files.

Jump into my time machine.

I'll take you back to my house in 1989. We had Sky and Eurosport was free then, along with loads of other channels including Sky One.
Used to watch the X files.

was that redifusion or mirror vision?

Gregers, B Sky B did indeed start broadcasting satellite TV in 1989. My dad signed up and got it absolutely free for the first 6 months, then something like £18 a month for all the channels they then offered (not as many as they do now. Even the installation was free. ;) ;) I remember watching a program on RTL on Fridays where the contestants answered questions (in some foreign language) When they answered correctly (I think) some bint on it had to get her breasts out for the tv cameras. Can't remember the name of the program now. ;) ;) ;)

a guy at work mentioned something called a skybox fs5. Haven't looked into it properly yet, but you do need to have a dish on your wall.

Sponsored Links
Back