Virgin

Sponsored Links
Were we any less happy years ago, when all we had was Channel 2 and Channel 9, on b&w tvs with dials, and 405 lines?? And 'BBC 2' was in the distant future?? And tv finished with the Hammer movie at 11.30 ish??

Were we any less happy years ago, when all we had was Channel 2 and Channel 9, on b&w tvs with dials, and 405 lines?? And 'BBC 2' was in the distant future?? And tv finished with the Hammer movie at 11.30 ish??

I can't remember which channels BBC and ITV were where I lived in the olden days, but I do remember television being better in many ways in those days.

Certainly, technology has moved on and picture quality, especially, has improved enormously and, of course, we now have colour.

However, we have lost much. There are many programmes that just do not appeal to me these days: programmes like Big Brother which I refer to as 'Yob TV'.

Even from a technical point of view, I think we have regressed in some ways. One thing that bugs me is that we seem to have lost the ability to regulate sound levels. It's not just adverts that are much louder than the programmes that interrupt them(!), but in many programmes these days the sound engineers seem to think that background music is far more important than dialogue: I sometimes have difficulty in making out what actors are actually saying!

Sponsored Links
Back