Vokera 20/80Rs Flue Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have the above boiler, which is a clonky old thing, but short of a few minor repairs is pretty reliable and I now seem to be a bit more "at one" with it!

Unfortunatley, last night - on the coldest night of the year so far, it decided to sound like a jet plane from the outside, and I've deduced that the flue fan bearings have started to disintegrate.

I've ordered a new flue fan (was only 68 quid so thought it was worth having), but I cant find instructions in the service manual on replacing it.

has anyone done this before? - I think it'll involve taking the inner front cover off (which I havent done before) to access it, but just wondering if anyone had any tips - or is it straightforward enough.

Cheers

Neil.

Sponsored Links
It is not a job for a diyer. Not the easiest of fans to change, and the spire nuts for the screw fixings on the front cover will probably break, but don't let that put you off!!

It is not a job for a diyer. Not the easiest of fans to change, and the spire nuts for the screw fixings on the front cover will probably break, but don't let that put you off!!

Dont say that!

perhaps I should listen to my head a bit more and just get a new, more efficient boiler.

oh well - Thanks for the reply!

You need to be gas safe registered to change it anyway mate so get someone in, you already have the fan so shouldnt be too expensive I have changed loads over the years and most competent engineers will carry the spire clips as spares, not a lot goes wrong with these old tanks so stick with it for a bit, you wont get a new boiler that lasts as long as that one has

Sponsored Links
Brill - thanks chaps.

If you could forward on some contact details for any of these guys, that would be great.

Cheers

Neil.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back