Vokera boiler - central heating overpressure & venting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have a Vokera Syntesi 25 e combi boiler. It heats water for the taps just fine, although the hot water flow isn't great ( but that's another question for later! ) - the central heating does its job and all radiators get toasty hot ( all have been bled recently ) but, within about 15 minutes from cold, the system reaches its max at 3/3.5 bar and vents outside. "It's the Expansion Vessel!" I hear you shout....but wait - I Have attached a pump with pressure guage to the expansion vessel and pumped it to about 1 bar. I've left this attached to monitor the pressure over time and despite having used the central heating on numerous occassions, each time going over pressure & hence having to top the system back up to 1.5 ish, the pressure displayed on the pump has barely budged! If it isn't the expansion vessel that's blown ( and it looks to be holding its pressure just fine ) what else can it be? I heard mention of the pipe that connects to it possibly being blocked. If this sounds likely, is it a big job to get to the pipe and replace or even clean the pipe out?

Many Grats to all Cheers :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back