Vokera compact 28 combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Vokera 28 works ok when the heating is on but when I open a hot water tap it has started (not all the time) going to lockout, solid red light. It resets and works ok for anything between an hour and a couple of days and locks out again. I've replaced both NTC sensors, removed the small rubber washer from the top end of the pipe coming from the domestic water flow switch (it was brittle). I have not looked at the washer at the flow switch end of the pipe. I was advised to clean out venturi pipes with pipe cleaners but I can't find the venturi pipes. I have tried to follow the fault flow charts checking the voltage etc on both the heating side and the direct hot water side, both seem to point to replacing the PCB. I was wondering if there were any additional common faults I could check for before forking out £180 for a PCB? BTW I am in desperate need of advice as my wife is the U.K. Nark Champion and is on course to be the World Champion.

Sponsored Links
if your looking at £180 for a pcb

why not get BG or Vokera out on a fixed price repair

as for the wife.......tell her to shut up and get yer tea on.

Are you competent to work on gas appliances?

Check out the DIY Gas anouncement at the top of the forum. If you are GSR you can get access to the CC for specific advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back