Vokera Compact 35HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building a 4 bed, 2 bathroom, 1,800 sq ft house and my plumber is proposing to use a Vokera Compact 35HE combi boiler for heating and hot water (including shower).

I have never heard of Vokera and was wondering if anyone could give me any indication of if they are any good and how reliabile they are etc.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
In answer to both your questions I would say run of the mill average.

They're ok. I have one ,well a rebadged one a Sabre 35 HE, and had no problems. Pretty basic but delivers decent hot water,toasty hot house and cheap gas bills.

However there were problems with the recouperators bursting on about 35% of my installs which were a mix of Sabre 29 & 35 HEs and some Compact 29& 35 Hes which may or may not have been exclusive to me as Vokera did the three wise monkey act and the supplier I used at the time no longer sells Sabre/Compact boilers.

And,recently there is a known problem with the venturi requiring replacing after about 18 months of use.

Would I buy another Vokera? Nope.

Do yourself a favour and get one of the big three. WB,Valliant or Viessman.

Greenstar 42 CDi is excellent and will give you 17.2 ltrs of hot water an hour provided you have a decent pressure (about 4bar) and a decent flow (20ltrs p/min) of cold mains water otherwise consider a 37 CDi.

Or go even better than these 3 and find an ATAG select dealer. You will have the rolls royce of boilers then, with up to 15 years service/warranty plan if you want it:cool:

Sponsored Links
Vaillant ecotec plus 937 if your splashing the cash or ecotec pro 28 if your counting the pennies. both 3yr warranty from vhs direct. atag are good but EXPENSIVE.

i fit them all the time, in my view the baxi's and Vokera's of this world are not giving you anything better than heat-line and to a point the same goes for vaillant.

i fit them all the time, in my view the baxi's and Vokera's of this world are not giving you anything better than heat-line and to a point the same goes for vaillant.

vaillant own heatline as you probably know but that statement is like saying Angelina Jolie is no more attractive than Anne Widecombe. :LOL:

They're ok. I have one ,well a rebadged one a Sabre 35 HE, and had no problems. Pretty basic but delivers decent hot water,toasty hot house and cheap gas bills.

However there were problems with the recouperators bursting on about 35% of my installs which were a mix of Sabre 29 & 35 HEs and some Compact 29& 35 Hes which may or may not have been exclusive to me as Vokera did the three wise monkey act and the supplier I used at the time no longer sells Sabre/Compact boilers.

And,recently there is a known problem with the venturi requiring replacing after about 18 months of use.

Would I buy another Vokera? Nope.

Greenstar 42 CDi is excellent and will give you 17.2 ltrs of hot water an hour provided you have a decent pressure (about 4bar) and a decent flow (20ltrs p/min) of cold mains water otherwise consider a 37 CDi.

tony can i ask did you get that boiler free from a rep for your house?

just to add, have you ever seen a solaris?

yes i have

good :LOL:

anyway I like them, easy to fit and easy to fix(not that i am saying they break down a lot) and well priced.

vaillant did not so much buy heatline but bought DemirDöküm's which in turn owns heatline the brand.

also heat-line is coming out with a new boiler called the Sargon, they will be showing it at installer live i believe

just to add, have you ever seen a solaris?

yes i have

good :LOL:

anyway I like them, easy to fit and easy to fix(not that i am saying they break down a lot) and well priced.

vaillant did not so much buy heatline but bought DemirDöküm's which in turn owns heatline the brand.

also heat-line is coming out with a new boiler called the Sargon, they will be showing it at installer live i believe

your right but I'd rather have the Vaillant any day, it's all down to cost. Vaillant bought dd primarily for the air con and foothold in the asian market. Heatline was a bonus for them.

if I wanted to spend the extra money I would rather get a viessmann and skip the vaillants

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back