Vokera Compact HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, this is my first post so please go easy on me!

I have checked the FAQs and already gone through the first ten pages of posts after searching what is in my thread title, but none of them had the same issue I am getting.

My indicator light is flashing green every ten seconds, which means it is in standby mode and ready. When I turn either the hot tap or heating on, the boiler makes all the usual sounds but water / radiators do not get hot. Whilst they are on, the green light flashes much faster. The manual suggests that this is a temporary fault and the "fix" is to wait - very helpful.

So far, I have tried the standard reset, powered down and back on, selected both modes (heating and water / water only), but all have the same result. Have tried all of these at intervals of a few hours, over the course of 24 hours, so the recommended waiting hasn't helped....

Has anyone had a similar experience with this boiler who can tell me how they solved the problem, or suggest what I can do to trace / fix it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Whats the pressure like on the dial ? Try adding a little more see if this helps, if not it could be an air pressure problem.

Calledf non-volatile faults and the boiler waits 15 minutes before going to red lockout.

Either pressure problem or one other item that you will need a RGI to sort out as it's in the combustion box.

Thanks for the responses folks...

The pressure gauge reads 1.1, so within normal range. LED does not go red at all... always flashing green - just faster when I turn something on.

Is it still worth trying to increase the pressure slightly - if so, what up to as a maximum? About 1.5?

Sponsored Links
Pulled the front off this afternoon and can see that the gas comes on for about five seconds before cutting out. Pressure gauge is now showing about 0.7 bar (it was 1.1 yesterday).

Any suggestions or is it engineer time?

Just in case anyone does a search for this problem, like I did.... thought I'd post up the solution rather than leave it unanswered.

Turned out just to be a bit of dirt in the pressure switch. Pulled the front off, unbolted the cover to the fan at the top right, then just cleaned out the switch and put back together. Pretty simple task, just needed a really long screwdriver to get to the bolts (actually used a socket extension bar with a screwdriver bit fitting).

Many thanks to those that contributed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back