Vokera Compact Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I Need some urgent help

I have just bought a new house but the combi boiler doesn't seem to be working properly, the central heating is fine but the flow of hot water through any taps in the house is really slow, almost a trickle! It gets hot but is just sooo slow think at the minute would take about 2 hours to fill a bath!

Its A Vokera Compct

Hope someone can assist

Thanks

John :!: :!: :!:

Your title has been edited, please read the forum rules

Sponsored Links
you probably need to remove the restrictor in the heat exchanger. common fault on these

I thought that some areas of Yorkshire had quite hard water but checking it mostly seems moderately soft.

Its a lesser possiblity that the secondary heat exchanger is scaled up if its not the flow restrictor. But that can be particularly likely if you have left any hot taps dripping.

Tony

On the contrary Agile, West Yorkshire has soft water. You maybe thinking of East Yorkshire eg the area once called North Humberside (Hull, Beverley, Bridlington etc).

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
I thought that some areas of Yorkshire had quite hard water but checking it mostly seems moderately soft.

Its a lesser possiblity that the secondary heat exchanger is scaled up if its not the flow restrictor. But that can be particularly likely if you have left any hot taps dripping.

Tony

not very likely as it is a twin pass h/e and has no secondary h/e.

The flow restrictor is the likely cause, but just check that the little black knob/tap under the boiler on the right hand side is fully open.

nickso said:
Agile said:

Tony

Very good point!

But makes it even more likely to have become scaled up if a hot tap has been dripping.

Tony

Agile said:
nickso said:
Agile said:

Tony

Very good point!

But makes it even more likely to have become scaled up if a hot tap has been dripping.

Tony

perhaps, im still putting money on the restrictor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back