Vokera Excel 80SP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a vokera excel boiler 80SP thats aprox 10-15 years old. I've had ongoing problems with it since moving into my house 4 years ago. At the moment these are the problems:

No hot water unless central heating is on

Water runs hot and cold, mainly cold

boiler makes banging noises when first turned on

Pressure drops rapidly but there are no leaks in the house or outside nr flu

The boiler is now leaking water since two engineers visited yesterday. One put a chemical inside to loosen system ready for a power flush. The other advised against power flush saying it can cause more leaks. He says it can be repaired with maybe a new diaphram or heat exchanger.

I'm considering just replacing the boiler as its 15 years old and i have been told that the manufacturers stop making parts after 7 years and it could become hard to get parts. Also dont want to throw money away for it to go wrong again. Also what is a good new boiler?

Any advise would be apprciated as i'm getting confused by different advise.

Sponsored Links
Your boiler is totally repairable and all the common parts are still available.

You seem to have had nupty engineers who come and mutter about whats wrong with it but dont do anything about repairing it. They probably want the bigger job of fitting a new boiler.

We usually fix your problems for about £130 in our local area!

Tony

Louiset20, I would suggest a full service initially. Then if a fault still exists, that be repaired.

If you are getting the system cleaned, service will still be required. Do be warned not to let leaking water get into the PCB else you will need a replacement.

Best to get someone who knows this boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back