vokera excell 80 SP problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a vokera excell 80 SP combi boiler.

My problem is that the boiler is not firing up for either HW or CH.
i know i should leave it all to the experts, but you know what people are like. the boiler will fire up if the front cover is off but the moment you refit the cover and tighten all the screws the boiler goes out.

i have looked on the internet and as far as i can tell the fan is running as soon as the HW or CH call for heat. (but its not running all the time)

To me (bearing in mind i know nothing) it seems like it is not getting any air as the boiler shuts down as soon as i put the cover on it. Will run fine if the cover is left off so its getting air . my theory is probably all wrong. but would appriciate any help suggestions of what may be wrong. and how i cure it

Sponsored Links
unfortunatley i dont know 'what people are like'. i know theres alot of people that dont like spending money though.
the problem you have is fairly simple to resolve however it involves a safety device and should really be done by a competent person

not sure if your having a go at me, but theres diy and theres messing around with with gas and gas appliances when the owner obviously has no idea what he's doing.

Sponsored Links
rob884 said:
not sure if your having a go at me, but theres diy and theres messing around with with gas and gas appliances when the owner obviously has no idea what he's doing.

No, Are you being paranoid tonight ;)

thanks guys,
for the info, its not a case of not wanting to spend money its a case of getting an idea of what was wrong in case it was a DIY problem. but judging by the posting obviously not, so i will get someone in to sort it.

Many thanks for your advice

If the world of gas CH is so complex and taboo why have a forum in the first place.

If the world of gas CH is so complex and taboo why have a forum in the first place.

1) It isn't a forum devoted to Gas CH.
2) Many boiler problems, like yours, can't be dealt with in a few sentences.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back