Vokera Excel 80 SP boiler with no hot water!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokera Excel 80 SP boiler with no hot water. I have called numerous gas service people and, as soon as I mention the make and model, they don't want to touch it, or they say they'll call me and I never hear from them! In January 2006 a new micro switch was fitted, it was fully serviced (although you wouldn't tell!) in March 2006 and a couple of pins on the thermostat on the radiator were freed. Don't know if any of these are related to the lack of hot water? I've downloaded the user instructions and fault finding details from the Vokera website, but they may as well be written in another language for all I can understand! Can anyone suggest a heating engineer who operates in the Coventry area who wouldn't mind taking a look? I'm reluctant to replace the boiler because the central heating works fine.

Sponsored Links
These boilers do put the willies up some people. I have a deep breath before start on one, but enjoyu the challenge at the same time. They are certainly better boilers than the current crop of Vokera.

I would check the diaphram too. Assuming that the heating is working properly.

Sponsored Links
dont know why everyone is scared of vokeras :confused: ....must be some of the easiest boilers to work on. far easier than its worcester or vaillant comtemporaries.

almost all of them are extremely well laid out and easy to access indiviudual parts.

the eclipse/hydra was a nightmare that should have been strangled at birth though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back