Vokera Excell 80sp Combi boiler - Pilot won't light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can't get my boilers pilot light to come on.

I called a plumber out to check on it and he said the pilot burner assembly is not working, so I have replaced that, but its still not working.

I've removed and cleaned thejets and the pipe that the gas goes through, checked the gas is coming through fine and it is. i've even tried to light it with a naked flame and that hasn't worked. The pressure is also fine - around 0.9 bar.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions they would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Gas tuned off at th meter or under the boiler? :confused:

No mate, everything is on and fine. I put fresh credit on the meter and only turned the main tap off nto do repairs, turned all back on and can hear the gas coming through. everything seems fine AND gas is flowing which is what is puzzling :s

afraid can say no more as you are in there which is RGI work area. :cool:

Clearly you are changing components on someone else's say so, as such you are working on equipment you do not understand

Might be an idea to call a gas safe man who repairs boilers. I did say repair, not quote for a replacement. Not many out there but with litttle difficulty you should be able to get someone who can fix your boiler. Often boilers fail as they do NOT get serviced as makers intended.

Sponsored Links
sorry mate but you shouldnt be working within the combustion chamber of a gas boiler unless you are a RGI

ive had 'proper' people out before and they have ALL tried ripping me off. the last guy told me it was the pilot burner assembly (which it clearly wasnt as on inspection when taken out, its fine) and wanted £120 just to replace it...

i appretiate you guys cant comment due to being pro's yourself but a little advise would be great so as when/if i need to call someone then i dont getted ripped off.

i am not a stupid person by any means and and have many skills but will not get in above my head taking stuff apart if even slightly unsure...thanks

You obviously are out of your depth otherwise you wouldn't be asking.

You will not receive gas advice on here for obvious reasons

You will just have to vet your tradesmen better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back