Vokera Excell 80SP - intermittent warm/cold through hot tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokera Excell 80SP boiler and the only way I can get hot water is to only have the tap open a small amount. If I open up the tap less than half way I only get warm or intermittent warm/cold water, as too much cold water is being let through.

Can you advise me as to the most likely reason for this? Seems like something might need cleaning/replacing to increase the hot water flow but I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
not done one on your particular boiler but its not usually the easiest job in the world, I normally replace them, but the system will have loads of muck aswell so a good flush, inhibitor and a magnaclean will be a good bet.

Sponsored Links
Would check to see the diverter valve isnt letting by first. With heating off/cold feel the heating pipes underneath the boiler when the HW is on. They should remain cold.

If the diverter was letting by to CH, I think burner would not go out. My vote would be clean the system, inhibit and then (if needed) replace the HWHE.

I have used DS40. It sometimes does clear the system and HWHE (unless you have plastic pipe)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back