Vokera...Hot Water But NO Heating (HELP!)

Sponsored Links
PAGE 1 FIG1 GENERAL LAYOUT

whats been happening with the pump?

Which number are the valves and what do I do to check/adjust?

Can't see pump till I get more light tmw a.m. boiler is in a cupboard in an awkward place :(

best for everybody involved to post back when you have a steady and reliable form of lighting

Good idea!....I am off tomorrow and determined to get it sorted!...thanks for your help

Think it might be the pump...to check to I remove the silver screw on the front and then run the boiler and check is internals are moving?

Also if I have to replace the pump, can I just replace the front section with the allen bolts? as the pump have like 3 major pipes going into the back of it with some type of flat metal valve clips....god knows how they work!

Think it might be the pump...to check to I remove the silver screw on the front and then run the boiler and check is internals are moving?

that is how to check the pump is rotating, yes

Also if I have to replace the pump, can I just replace the front section with the allen bolts? as the pump have like 3 major pipes going into the back of it with some type of flat metal valve clips....god knows how they work!

as long as it is the correct pumphead,yes

Sponsored Links
Hello again Glasga!

Okay...pump is running, put tip of screwdriver in and it buzzed upon contact

Also one of the large copper pipes (the return pipe) to the right of the boiler is cold.

This AAV, is it automatic or can it manully be altered to release trapped air?...if so how?....all I see is a black cap over a brass fixing.

Thanks again...

Ok think I have air stuck in the boiler (not the rads) as the hot water is misty as in loads of tiny air bubbles...I believe boiler will keep cutting off after 20 secs (which it is doing) if air in boiler?....How do I expell this air?, if it is that

This AAV, is it automatic or can it manully be altered to release trapped air?...if so how?....all I see is a black cap over a brass fixing.

the AAV is automatic, just make sure the plastic cap is open a 1/2 turn

Ok think I have air stuck in the boiler (not the rads) as the hot water is misty as in loads of tiny air bubbles...I believe boiler will keep cutting off after 20 secs (which it is doing) if air in boiler?....How do I expell this air?, if it is that

the misty hot water is oxygen, its harmless, fill a clear glass and leave it for 30 secs it will go clear

Cap is open....and I know misty water is harmless....but kinda proves air is in the system?....I have flushed system AGAIN...and lots of gurgling noises from boiler which cuts out after 25 secs!....return flow pipe is cold.

I have bled rads and pump again...still no joy and can't get a plumber till next Monday :eek:(

but kinda proves air is in the system?

it proves no such thing, your cold water running through combi is in a different circuit from the central htg

you have a circulation problem, is there a zone valve or mid position valve anywhere else in the system?

or could be bellairphons suggestion of a stuck internal bypass.

i have never had one stick before, but there is always a first

ok ok, sorry....

Nope...no other valves or thermostats

How can I get rid of this air?....no drain off valves on boiler, aav when I first fired up seemed to shoot some air out then boiler cuts out...but does fire every couple of minutes....has to be air with the noises?....they are not big banging nosies...just gurgles

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back