Vokera Linea 24 pilot light cutting out at certain temps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

Hoping that after googling my problem and being directed here that someone may be able to help cure my problem as in the topic headline, please bare in mind i have NO boiler knowledge whatsoever so you may need to go real slow with me :oops: .

So the problem i have is after firing up the boiler everything seems fine until it reaches a temp of 76 after which the pilot light goes out and remains so until the temp reaches 46 at which point it comes on raises the temp and the same thing happens all over again.

Can anyone help me cure this problem as i am sitting here freezing my arse off :(

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
Are you saying the Radiators are Cold???
Are you gettnig any Hot Water???

it is possible that the Radiator valves are shut or if TRV's are fitted they are stuck shut and need freeing up? - of course this is only the case if the hot water is working OK as you can see your post is very vague, perhaps you could re-post and fill in the Blanks? ;)

Hi Boilerman,
Sorry for my vagueness and thanks for the reply it was just so cold in here last night. Ok so three of the rads are fine(ish) closest one to the boiler is funnily enough boiling hot, second nearest in the living room is very warm, next out in the hall is warm, and the other two in the bedrooms are cool to near cold all valves are fully opened to 6 and water is running hot.

I may add i did also have the problem of rising pressure but after googling that(which led me here in the first place) i found out that i had left the valve on after topping up the pressure and in shutting it off it lead to the expected drop. Pressure at this moment as i type is now at 2 bar up from 1.5 from cold but still suffering the rise/fall in temp :cry:

circulation problem, dont know if there's a filter on your boiler -if there is it will be in the return in the boiler- if no filter I would suspect muck in the return iso valve.

Sponsored Links
Hi Mick,

thanks very much for your input. I have no idea how to check if it has a filter or not but if it is indeed one or the other problem you mention have you any clues as to how much it would cost to recify?

depends how clean you want the system - just clean the boiler/filter probably £100-£150, chemical clean of whole system double that, powerflush up to double again. get some quotes !

depends how clean you want the system - just clean the boiler/filter probably £100-£150, chemical clean of whole system double that, powerflush up to double again. get some quotes !

Thanks for taking the time out to read this and help me out it really is appreciated. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back