Vokera Linea 28 Combi leak and 01 code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokera Linea 28 Combi (quite old) and I am getting the 01 - Failure to ignite error code at various times both with hot water only setting and hot water and heating setting. I am a landlord and my tenant says they have been switching the boiler off and only putting it on when needing hot water. I first of all noticed there was no pressure so I let more water into the system which was fine, however I noticed a drip started to come from up inside the left hand side of the boiler and dont know if it's a seal of something. Can anyone advise me what to do as I am short on cash and don't want to waste money if possible.

Sponsored Links
The ignition error code needs to be investigated by a gas registered engineer!

While he is there get him to do a Gas Safety Certificate and landlords are required to have those by law regardless of how short of money they say they are.

The boiler should be left powered all the time and will turn on whenever a hot tap is turned on.

The leak could be anything and needs to be inspected to see what it is.

Tony

The ignition error code needs to be investigated by a gas registered engineer!

While he is there get him to do a Gas Safety Certificate and landlords are required to have those by law regardless of how short of money they say they are.

The boiler should be left powered all the time and will turn on whenever a hot tap is turned on.

The leak could be anything and needs to be inspected to see what it is.

Tony

Many thanks for your reply, but I already have my landlord gas safety certificate. I simply wondered whether I should throw any more money at this boiler or opt to invest in a new one. My gas safe engineer is on holiday at the moment and when enquiring to the Vokera company their callout charge is £214 which is a lot of money if it is something simple. I am not a dodgy landlord :mad:

ignore agile, he is a bit of a tit.

common leaks on the left side are the isolation valves or auto air vent, I'd lay money on it being one of those two, neither should be expensive.

common 01 faults are the ignition PCB, or gas pressure/ignition issues.

Vokera are pricey it seems. BG will do it for less but may only fix one fault for their price.

I wouldn't get shot of the linea, one of my favourite boilers and very simple to work on.

Sponsored Links
My guess is ignition pcb and auto air vent, two types of ignition pcb on this boiler depending on model, ones more pricey than other. I wouldnt jgo for a new boiler just yet till an engineers looked at it first though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back