Vokera Linea 28 not pressurising

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokera Linea 28 combi boiler I had to move it recently, and to reduce the pressure to cut the pipes I opened the drain valve on the lowest radiator(radiators were not drained completely). Our gas fitter came back & reconnected the gas, but to repressure using the filling loop the pressure wont rise & no water can be heard running in. Our gas fitter has got the flu and so wont be back for some time. This is a problem as we live in a very remote area and he is the nearest guy Anybody got any idea what could be wrong?

Sponsored Links
Are you sure your rotating the valve to the filling loop position? If so then either the valve, hose or non return valve is faulty!

Might have to get a bit wet to see where the water stops!

The non return valve on the inlet that is on the ch isolating valve could be knackered.

You could try shutting and opening the ch isolater that this is connected to again as this can sometimes 'block' the filling action.

Thanks for the replys I've found that the water is getting as far as the heating cock but that's it. Should the heating system be switched on while I'm trying to repressurise? I know the manual says not to run the system while the pressure is at zero. Think we'll wimp out & go stay with friends for the weekend!

Sponsored Links
Does system have two vlaves, did you open both? or if one was filling loop removed, could be re- installed back to front feeding against non- return valve? Suprised plumber did not check after installation.

JM Fitz said:
I have a Vokera Linea 28 combi boiler I had to move it recently, and to reduce the pressure to cut the pipes I opened the drain valve on the lowest radiator(radiators were not drained completely). Our gas fitter came back & reconnected the gas, but to repressure using the filling loop the pressure wont rise & no water can be heard running in. Our gas fitter has got the flu and so wont be back for some time. This is a problem as we live in a very remote area and he is the nearest guy Anybody got any idea what could be wrong?

So you moved the boiler adjusted pipework to suit, then your mate comes to connect the gas supply and leaves. you then attempt to fill the system and commission the boiler but system will not fill.

What kind of gas fitter is he that commissions gas to an appliance without checking system is full :rolleyes:

corgiman said:
gas4you said:
How could he commission it without water in it?

oh oh oh oh I can answer that

He didnt

Exactly my point, although in a round about fashion,

Been on that Grolch stuff, not like when I was a lad they had flip top pot stoppers back then :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back