vokera riello loosing pressure, how to figure out why?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

As above, boilers loosing about 1 cm of pressure per day. I have Vokera out and he couldnt find anything wrong with it.
I am wondering if maybe one of the radiators has a small leak? Is there a way of figuring out if one of them has? Maybe if I turn them all to zero and see if the boiler looses pressure? if not then one by one turn the radiators back on and see which one seems to be the one that causes the boiler to loose pressure? could that possibly work?

Sponsored Links
you have a vokera Riello losing 1 cm of pressure per day ?????? think you need to rethink that one

Sponsored Links
Yes but you know what I mean that the bar dial thingy is going down by about 1 cm a day. Dont know how else to describe it.

How do I find out the make and model of boiler do you know? thanks

just post a pic of the front control facia and I will tell you what you have, its important to know as some have common faults but there are many vokera models

bad design I know but the ID plate for the boiler is underneath at the R/H corner not always easy to see it

yep it is a Vokera easi heat plus, how much pressure are you losing and how often

About 1/4 bar a day, each days different.

I am trying an experiment today and have turned all rads off and going to keep them off all day and see if any pressure has been lost with only the hot water for taps on only.

Can not see any leaks on any rads though. So unless its a pipe under the floor board. I noticed in the middle of my bedroom floor on the carpet it seems a little warm (not wet) but its a strange place for a pipe to be as its a good few feet from the nearest rad which is next to the bedroom door and the wall which is the opposite wall to where the rad is, well thats is the end of the house and no rads on that wall.

Turning the rads off wont make any difference, turn all the rads back on and record what pressure the boiler is at when cold, then turn the heating on full and check after about 20 to 30 mins and see what the pressure is then,it will rise but shouldnt rise by much if it is up near 3 Bar then you have an expansion problem

when you say "turn all the rads back on" do you mean from the boiler or on the rads themselves? "and record what pressure the boiler is at when cold" Im confused as if the rads are back on then obviously they are not cold?, "then turn the heating on full" you mean on the boiler or on the rads? or both? thanks

I would have thought that by turning all the rads off from the rads themselves and from the boiler (but leaving the hot water taps on) and if no pressure was being lost from the boiler then that would have helped to narrow it down a little.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back