Volkera compact combi boiler help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had this boiler fitted around 4-5 years ago in the garage. Though at first the unit seemed reliable enough, it started to develop an intermittent fault of not lighting whether asking for heating or hot water. I did have a breakdown contract on the thing and though at first they tried fixing the fault, have now decided due to the fault being intermittent refuse to fix the boiler or even investigate what the problem is. So, even if i left the boiler tripped with the red light on, call them out, they come and reset it and then dissapear not doing a thing. So, as a result i have cancelled my policy in disgust after a pointless discussion with the insurance company. If anybody has any experience out there with this fault on the Volkera, please help. Initially the engineers who came out cleaned the igniter, changed a flow switch but the fault re occurs within a few weeks. And now it is off every morning but then lights after resetting it a couple of times. Oh, and to add to the list of faults, the hot water is now more luke warm than hot!

Sponsored Links
Had a few locking out..turned out to be the hot water thermistor (top right). Since it's a cheap part and easy to replace might be worth a go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back