Vulcan boiler gas valve repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my mother in law has a Vulcan Autostat boiler which is obviously now an antique !!!! the gromet in the gas valve is perished and our corgi fitter has shut it down. Does any one know where I can obtain a gas valve that will match or replace (maybe some kind of Honeywell although I have found their customer service to be v unhelpful!)
A replacement boiler would be costly and seems unecessary if a repair is poss

Thanks

Sponsored Links
stuey43 said:
Hi my mother in law has a Vulcan Autostat boiler which is obviously now an antique !!!! the gromet in the gas valve is perished and our corgi fitter has shut it down. Does any one know where I can obtain a gas valve that will match or replace (maybe some kind of Honeywell although I have found their customer service to be v unhelpful!)
A replacement boiler would be costly and seems unecessary if a repair is poss

Thanks

Oh by the way the gas valve no. is V8267A1236

blimey vulcan autostat must be 25 -30 years old...give honeywell number of gas valve and they should tell you of a direct replacement, but don't be too surprised if its obsolete,,maybe time to get the mother in law a new boiler.

Thank you, I guessed it would be difficult although if you dont ask!!.......I have just been searching the web and found a solenoid valve suppliers and emailed them the details.....have you any other ideas apart from Honeywell for a replacement??

Sponsored Links
I cannot immagine what this "grommet" is meant to be!

The Vulcan is probably little more than 50% efficient compared with a new boiler at 94%.

I can see little point in repairing such an old boiler. The savings would pay for the new boiler within a few years.

Tony

Ya can't tell the diff between My Ma In Law & a old boiler :LOL:

Norah Battersby fer ferk sake ....... I kid you not :cry:

Have just finished taking a similar beast out for the same reason. That, and many of the joints in the h/e were leaking fumes as proved by a smoke test.

TBH, if you wife values her mother, it's new boiler time I'm afraid.

the vlcan is a g rated boiler and would qualify for replacement under the warm front or coldbusters grants depending on your mother in laws circumstances. she would have to be over 70 or on qualifying benefits..
may be worth exploring ???????????

google the energy saving trust for available grants

For your first post you have succeeded in replying to a posting from THREE years ago!

Hopefully within a few weeks of the original they will have replaced the boiler.

It seems you are unaware of all the hassles of having a Warmfront installation even for those who qualify.

Tony

yep tony i see that now

still good advice though cold busters and warmfront are still ongoing no hassle at all

i can say that because my wife is disabled we had a new condensing combi system installed last summer under cold busters and just had cavity wall insulation done under warm front..............no cost to us

might even do myself an epc........

Several times I have directed customers who might qualify to Warmfront, the last time, both were registered disabled and I had to turn off their boiler, ID...... They are delighted with the boiler that I ended up fitting as Warm front couldn't fit a new boiler till January.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back