Vulcan boiler : Pilot light won't come on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a very old Vulcan boiler; and have no paper work on it.
The pilot light won't light there is a spark but doesn't fire up.
To describe the boiler a bit more; the ignition switch is top right, and below this (about half way down there are two buttons). but i aint sure what these are for.
any advice would be most a appreciated, as it is ruddy cold!.
Thanks, Jez

Sponsored Links
If the buttons are red and white the white one needs to be pressed in to allow gas to pass to pilot and once pilot is lit needs holding down for another 30 seconds.

thanks, your spot on, helped me find the problem the ignition lead had slipped back slightly, so wasn't igniting.

Thanks, may you have many children.

Glad to be of help, as for the many children bit if that happens the wife will be gettin a slap or she will have to change her name to Mary as i have had the OP. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Jez,
I have recently replaced my old Vulcan Continental boiler. I still have the owners manual and will gladly send it to you if you are interested. My email address is on my profile.

Please see forum rule 20, also general information, item K

The post was made back in 2004

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back