W/C Conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Ou house has a cupboard at the back which used to be an external W/C, but was ripped out when an upstairs one was put in, and used as a cupboard since. I am going to have this converted back into a W/C but was wondering what building regs I need to be aware of.

- I will be lining the single brick walls with a thrmal insulated board with a vapour barrier
-All electrical work will be carried out by a qualified electrician
-An extractor fan will be installed
-There is now a large porch area seperating this w/c from the kitchen (I beleive there needs to be at least 1m square between a wc and kitchen?)

I will be having a plumber round to ensure that all drainage and water usage is as per building regulations.

What else do I need to be aware of?

I'm hoping to add value to the house by doing this, and i'm worried that if i'm not careful, when I come to sell i'll find its not as per regs!

Many thanks,

Chris

Sponsored Links
I will be having a plumber round to ensure that all drainage and water usage is as per building regulations.

Thought I'd already given you a good start on your other thread, why have you posted the same question again, are you hoping for a different result :rolleyes:

Thank you very much for your post on my other thread.

I posted this either prior to, or whilst you were putting a reply on the other thread.

Thanks again,

Chris

OK sorry, guess I was a little hasty :oops:
But do come back if you have specific questions. ;)

Sponsored Links

:
Make sure you get a Plumber - not a Gasfitter / Gas safe - they`ll charge 2x as much and know next to sweet FA about drains :LOL: not that there is a lot to know anyway ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back