Wahing Machine Wont go to Rinse Cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend of mine is having some problems with her washing machine, it is a Hotpoint Aquarius 5000, about 3-6 years old.

It is washes and is therefore drawing water in from the hot and cold water supplies but it wont go to the rinse cycle after the wash because it will not release the water from the outlet pipe.

The reason why my friend is suspecting the outlet pipes is because the digital display on the front says "CHECK OUTLET PIPES".
She has taken the cover off the machine and had a look at the pipes herself and I think she said that it does sometimes rinse if she moves the waste water pipe a bit coming out of the machine.

She has suggested to me that it could be a chip in the machine that is at fault.

However I am not totally familiar and neither is she with washing machines and I said that I dont wont to try and mess around with anything I dont feel I could do.

However I would be grateful if somebody could give me some help and advice to point me in the right direction with the above problem.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
You need to drain out the water by placing the grey outlet hose into a bucket on the floor. When empty you can remove the pump from the machine base and unscrew the motor section from the cover section. This will check if there is an obstruction such as a coin in the pump. If this looks OK you can take off the big diameter end of the sump hose from the bottom of the drum and check for obstructions there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back