Walking Dead on Channel 5

J

joinerjohn

Just watched the first episode of Walking Dead on channel 5 . Anyone else watch it? I reckon I'll have nightmares tonight. Seems to be loosely based on 28 Days Later. Great program though. ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
I thought the ending tonight was good. Trapped in an army tank surrounded by thousands of zombie type non dead people and someone asking him on the radio "Hey you in the tank,,,, Comfy in there!! ;) ;) ;)

How did he get out of that last bit then...???????

It was like having five spacecats and four ellals after you from both sides, then he shoots a few of them, fair play to him, then he suddenly finds the magical hatch to safety...????? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I watched it as my mates have already seen it and have been raving about it for months.
I think the plot thickens and gets a bit twisty-turny in coming episodes.

Slightly cliched zombie fare though, even the wake-up-in-hospital-to-find-the-zombies-have-taken-over plotline has been done in 28 days, resident evil and probably a few others.

I'll be watching it next week just to see if he manages to shoot his wife ...and that poor horse didn't put up much of a fight!

Both main characters (so far) played by Brit actors too, which is good.

How did he get out of that last bit then...???????

Didn't you watch it right to the end LMB? He crawled under the tank and the undead zombies were crawling after him so he shot a few, was just about to shoot himself when he looked up and the bottom hatch was open. Clambered up through it into the tank, shot the zombie soldier, looked out of the open top, more zombies arrived so he closed it, then someone asked him over the radio if it was comfy in the tank.
Cue a rather cheerful song to the closing credits. ;) ;)

PS, Are you saying that spacecat and ellal are the undead??

Yep I saw that John....But ....all of a sudden there was a convenient hatch. :eek: :eek:
Spoilt it for me.

Yep I saw that John....But ....all of a sudden there was a convenient hatch. :eek: :eek:
Spoilt it for me.

If there was no hatch how would he have got out? That's where the drama aspect comes in, you see the main protagonist in an impossible situation and then he's thrown a lifeline. Would you rather he just died, erm end of series.

I thought at the last minute that the helicopter that was flying overhead was gonna let rip on the 'deads' and that he would be shielded from gunfire by the tank. Oh well, hatch it is.

how do you kill an undead, then?

doesn't make sense.

Spoilt it for me.

I thought at the last minute that the helicopter that was flying overhead was gonna let rip on the 'deads' and that he would be shielded from gunfire by the tank. Oh well, hatch it is.

Completely agreed....

Being rescued by an army of mutant ants (with weapons) would have been more believable
Thoroughly dissapointed.

how do you kill an undead, then?

doesn't make sense.

Don't know if you saw it, but you have to bring them back to life from being in the state of 'undead', and then you kill them again.

Completely agreed....

Being rescued by an army of mutant ants (with weapons) would have been more believable.

No it wouldn't, that would be far less likely.

So up until that point you had been entirely convinced in the army of zombies plotline, but the crawling into a tank and closing the hatch behind you made you scream "I give up, this is soooo unbelievable!!" :unsure:

Sponsored Links
Back