wall to plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey all I've just bricked up a hole where my fire used to be and now I want to plaster it. I've not plastered before so I'm looking for advice , do's and fonts plus any tips

Ive got some ready made plaster from b&q so I don't have to mess about mixing. When I opened the tub up 2 have a look the plaster is really dry is this normal???

Cheers all

Sponsored Links
I think the first "don't" and "do" is: don't use the tub of ready-mix plaster, "do" take it back to B&Q, and one extra "don't: Don't use ready mix plaster for the kind of job you mention. Better to use plaster you mix yourself. Undercoat plaster first onto the bricks, then finishing plaster to give you a smooth finish. I don't think your job is very big,so have a look around the sheds for smaller bagged quantities of each. 25kg bags from builders merchants would probably be too much. There is also "one coat" plaster, which you could use as well. For a small patch it's ok, but i'm not a fan of this type of plaster either.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back