Walling Up Back Porch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if this is in the wrong section of the forum, but any advice would be appreciated for a complete fresh starter when it comes to this sort of project.

The shortened version is that we currently have a small council house. Outside the backdoor is a sheltered porch section which leads off to the back garden, under stair cupboard and back toilet/heating control. To try and get a bit more space I want to put in a wall so it becomes a room in itself.

The basics I know, and I can easily get a frame and door in, and for the inside I could use simple plasterboard, but I don't know what material to use for the outside wall face. Bear in mind that this can't be too solidly put in, as the council maywell decide to remove it if/when we move out, so a brick wall isn't really a possibility. When we first saw the property it already had one, but they took it out before we moved in.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back