wallstar boiler keeps locking out & getting air in the p

thank you for your replies, yes the boiler is around 4 or 5 foot which is above the tank.

our boiler man hasnt been in touch yet so i havnt been able to ask him whether it was a non return valve that he has fitted.

i went to my mums today who has exactly the same boiler as me & has had no problems what so ever, i took a picture of hers inside to compare the valves & yes they are different...she has the same valve as what was taken out of ours...i will post a pic of hers.

sarah

Yes looks like you have a bit missing.
Don't get your existing boiler guy back. He has just been wasting your money and time.

Sponsored Links
We work on a lot of wallstars and have had a big problem with the replacement fire valve/Non return valves being faulty from the off. Just something you need to be aware of for when you get one fitted.

Make sure the flexi pipe is sealed with PTFE onto the fire valve and also the fitting at the pump end as air will drag in any where it can- even on the shaft of the fire valve. Don't use oil sealant as the pipe needs to be removable for replacement.

I'm a bit concerned there's so many compression fittings in the oil line, there needs to be as little as possible to minimise possibilities of air ingress.

Having said that, it seems this latest problem is not due to air in oil line. Boilman2 is right, the spark generator is a particular weak point on these and needs to be checked,

Thank you danoil, my boilerman has been in touch & is coming out tonight, he fitted a new reset mother board last week which obviously wasnt the problem so he is going to put my original back on, he said he was going to change the photocell tonight. I am going to mention this forum & show him what you all suggest.

Thank you

sarah

Sponsored Links
update

the photocell was changed & the boiler ran smoothly all winter until tuesday of this week.....reset tuesday evening & had to reset just now.

so here we go again!!!!!!!

sarah

Maybe due another service. Not quite 12 months, but as thease boilers get older, as they run on 'the edge', may neeed more regular attention.

another update
our engineer came & changed the valve to a non return & it ran ok for 2 weeks then locked out, last week he changed the clear pipe in the boiler & it ran until today & locked out again only this time there is hardly any oil in the pipe. I'm at my wits end with this, does anyone have any idea what can be causing it???

sarah

Attachments

• IMG_1432.JPG
    IMG_1432.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 150
another update
our engineer came & changed the valve to a non return & it ran ok for 2 weeks then locked out, last week he changed the clear pipe in the boiler & it ran until today & locked out again only this time there is hardly any oil in the pipe. I'm at my wits end with this, does anyone have any idea what can be causing it???

sarah
Looks like there's a massive static air pocket in the clear flexible oil line. Air must be getting into the oil line somewhere.

Something that's has worked for me with Wallstars with an intermittent fault is to put an elbow in the oil line as it enters the boiler casing so that the NRV runs horizontal to the floor of the casing and position the flexible oil line so that it runs up towards the oil pump this allowing air to not get trapped in the loop. The air simply goes up intonthenool pulp and is expelled through the nozzle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back