Want to fit a dimmer switch but new build strange wiring!!

Take a look at the end of the chockblock is that a neutral unstripped from the same T/E as the loose brown ? if so I would say the T/E is not connected to anything.

Crafty up the road from me are some new builds & the wall lights are charged out as extras (£45 each), if you dont want wall lights the cables are terminated in jb's and left hanging out of plaster.
If you want accessories that are brass or chrome & not standard crabtree white you'r gonna get a bill for £28 per point.
How do I know.........I've just invoiced my brother-in-law half the builders quote for doing the above :D

Sponsored Links
Crafty said:
djmarkymark said:
Ha... no, that is silicone that they have used to seal it.
Yuck! Why????

Does that wire say "leave in back"? Do you know what it does?

Did you say this is a newbuild? And you had to connect the lights and switches yourself? :confused:

The wire says "leave coiled up in back". Haven't a clue what it is or why?!?

It's a newbuild yeah, it alreayd had a switch but I wanted to fit a dimmer instead.

Anyway... all fixed now and sorted!!!

So thanks for everyones help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back