Warped internal door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old pine door that is warped on the handle end of the door so that when closed to the frame, the top and bottom sit to the frame and the middle is about 10mm from the frame, therefore making it impossible to close (the hinge end of the door is perfectly straight. It's been like this since I moved in about 5 years ago but I'd quite like to be able to shut the door to eliminate cold spots in the house.

Is there any way I could straighten it? I did see a video, which I thought I could do on the back of the door (it's only a toilet door so not too worries about the look) but i've no idea that these things are called that are used in the video.

Any ideas on this or help in any other way would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
you could take off the top and side door stop then shut door, then refix the stops to suit the door -the door stop should bow enough to follow the shape of the door or if necessary trim it to shape

assuming the door stops are painted -you will chip off paint so will need to sand back, fill and repaint

Apologies for being dum but what are the top and side door stops?

Heres' my actual door, in question.

IMG_1010.jpg

Sponsored Links
if you open the door the stops are the strips of wood running around the door liner that the door hits when it closes

of course in some instances internal doors are in a rebated frame so there is no removable stop

as the pic doesnt show the frame I cant tell which you have

if that is a knob handle which turns then you could move the strike plate fitted into the frame forwards so the door can be pulled shut and the latch engages into the strike plate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back