washing machine and dishwasher both cold fill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My lovely husband bought me a cold fill dishwasher, but my washing machine is also cold fill.

How will this work?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Marie, xx

Sponsored Links
All dishwashers are cold fill & these days most washing machines.

You plumb them in so both have there own supply of the cold water mains.

THe mains pressure will be able to supply both machines, should they both be on at the same time & your cold water will still flow from the tap but at slightly reduced pressure.

The cold water supply only has one outlet, how can I change that?

Will I need a plumber or is it something my handy dad can fix?

Thankyou,

Marie. xx

Sponsored Links
I dont know your dad, But my daughter is always saying my dad can do it. :LOL:

Dad or you can yet a Y connector, this will let 2 supplys come from the 1 feed.

Thankyou so much for your replies, I looked at the link for screwfix and I'm sure daddy can do that.

And its cheap too.

This was my first time using this site, and it has proved very useful, Thankyou.

Marie. xx

A word of warning on the 'Y' connector. My girlfriend had one of those fitted for her dishwasher and washing machine, but it was under stress because the hose was only just long enough. This carried on weeping for many months (probably years) and caused a rot problem as it was unseen.

Do the job properly - it may seem more expensive in the short term, but in practice will work out cheaper.

You can get a hairline crack at the crotch...so to speak... that you can't see until it's full of water and under pressure! Result is wet carpets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back