washing machine fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello everyone

can any one shed some light on washing machine fault please its a

Lamona hja 8704

its stopped part way through wash and i get 11 flashes on the 90 min light and rapid wash button many thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
"Lamona" are re-badged products sold exclusively by Howdens Joinery & they are definitely not famous for their reliability. There is virtually no service info out there on Lamona appliances so 11 flashes could just as well be the washer's way of saying "I'm tired & need a holiday". Why don't you call Howdens & ask them?...they advertize "the best after sales service in the UK" so they ought to know what it means.

fixed it

to back and lid off and found broken wire not sure what it did or does but it works now
IMG00202-20110528-1941.jpg

That's a thermostat lead for the dryer element.
This is a washer/dryer...not a washer...

Sponsored Links
I can confirm thermostat lead fault. One of my red wires was snapped at the crimp. To the eye it looked fine, you need to wiggle your wires.

that was strange didnt really remember posting last time but found this ,,so same washing machine put a wash load on, went out ,and when i came back it was all dead ..not even able to open the door ,so turned it off at wall fuse,then it released door..

if i turn it back on it... all the lights flash then it goes dead any ideas people

or its skip time

that was strange didnt really remember posting last time but found this ,,so same washing machine put a wash load on, went out ,and when i came back it was all dead ..not even able to open the door ,so turned it off at wall fuse,then it released door..

if i turn it back on it... all the lights flash then it goes dead any ideas people

or its skip time

You got a further two years out of the machine. Its time now to replace it mate!

the boss of the house just has ,,she now says she never liked it from the start....lets see how long a £250 washing machine lasts..

things happen in 3's

exhaust broke ,washing machine broke and printer broke all in one day,,you gotta laugh :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back