Washing machine main wash not filling righ but rinses ok

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've a Hoover washing machine, exact model escaping me now, which has been playing since we moved house. I fitted a new controller unit for £65 which did nothing, but then pulled the main contorl dial apart and cleaned the contacts which has fixed most of the problems we were experiencing.

However we are still seeing odd things when filling with water. The main wash cycles empty the tray fine, and water pressure seems OK, but it appears to just stop filling with water soon enough. As such after giving the machine over 15 minutes to do its thing, the water still isn't up the level bottom of the door, and we manually add about maybe 10 litres of extra water (4 or 5 large jugs) through the drawer, and then it's off and running just fine. Perversely though, the rinse stage seems to fill just fine, or possibly a little too much sometimes coming almost as high as the bottom of the door handle (although that might be nonsense).

Any thoughts about what this could be? As I figure it the wash pipe and the rinse pipe diverge right at the point the hose connects from outside, with separate relay switches there. Could the wash pipe be getting blocked? Like the program controller going strange, this seems to have been inline with a house move, where the dial seems to have gotten a reasonably good smack to cause other problems which i *think* i've fixed.

Filling is typically time based, not volume based from what I have read elsewhere, and the jets into the main drawer aren't exactly "aggressive" suggesting maybe not enough is coming through?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back