Washing Machine Mould

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, can anyone advise me the best way to remove mould from the washing machine compartment, where you remove the drawer?I have cleaned the drawer itself but the mould has spread to all the sides.

I have tried bleach in warm water with a bit of washing up liquid but to no real affect. I think it is the plumbing to the machine which may be causing the real problem but I just want to sort out this, as it gives me the creeps every time I look in the drawer!!

Sponsored Links
I have cleaned out several mouldy detergent drawers in my time - bleach will work if you don't dilute it too much - I would use it nearly neat with a bit of warm water. Use an old toothbrush to scrub round corners. Bleach takes a bit of time to work so be patient.

I think the root cause can be bad installation but I don't know more than that.

I guess putting the drawer in a dishwasher once every month or two would prevent regrowth - plus leaving it ajar after each wash.

good luck

edit: just read your post more carefully... get a garden spray thing - put enough warm bleach solution in so that it sucks up OK, then spray inside the machine - be careful with the fumes etc! - leave it to soak in and scrub with toothbrush where necessary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back