Washing Machine SOS !!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear Sirs

Late last night my washer stopped working due to not draining.

I undid some of the piping below the sink and cleared some blockages which I believe stopped the draining.

However I am now struggling to reconnect the piping because stupidly (as a novice) as I was tired I forgot to take a photo prior to disconnecting.

Better late than never I have now taken a photo as attached showing (Bottom left) a u tube type piping and (just above it to the right) a type of valve connection.

I feel very stupid but please could somebody kindly coach me as to how to reconnect both these fittings ?

Any help massively appreciate !

Sponsored Links
(I think!) Turn white elbow on the end of the grey pipe around to point downwards. Fit white U shaped part to that, with open end now pointing upwards. Onto open end fit T piece, then fit hose to spigot on T piece. Should be a piece of tube in top of T piece to prevent water splashing out?

Then hope it doesn't leak as you've disturbed the washers...... :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back