Washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have moved into a new flat and need to plumb my machine in. I have connected the water ok but there doesn't seem to be a waste pipe like I had in my last flat. I do have a u-bend under the sink and what looks like a jutting out piece that a waste hose could go into but its got a red stopper over it. Any ideas for me please on what I need to do next???

Sponsored Links
the thing with a red stopper sound like it is a spiggot, remove the stopper and push the grey hose on this, but it will need secuirg with a jubilee clip.

spiggots often get blocked with fluf and are not really that good

Thanks for the reply Breezer. I have the day of tomorow so I will investigate my "red thing" then take a trip to the DIY store for the clip. Is there a certian size or are they one fit for all on the clips?

It puzzles me how the previous tenant had their machine plumbed in unless he took his washing to his mothers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back