Waste for basin in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Im needing some advice and guidence please, I have a small cloakroom toilet, and while replacing the toilet, i decided i would like to install a basin as well.. My friend replaced my toilet for me, but says that because of the large lead waste pipe attached for the toilet, there is no where for a waste to go for the sink i want installed..

So my question is, is it possible for me to attach the sink, and have the waste running about 6ft along the hall to my main bathroom sink waste?.. when i asked my friend he says there is no angle for the water to run along the pipe and down the other waste pipe( as it would just be on level with the floor boards until it reached the waste pipe at the door for my other bathroom waste) .... :oops: but my thoughts are.. it is only water and soap that is running thru the pipe so there would be no smell, if it was to lie in the pipe until the next time the water runs to move it along, until it gets to the other waste pipe? ( is is a bathroom after all, so the tap would be on and flowing up to 10 times a day) ...

please let me know if this is possible? or if you have any other ideas to which i could get my longed for basin installed? :(

Many thanks
Carolynne
:D

Sponsored Links
Change your pan connecter (the one that the toilet bowl fits into for the waste) for one that has a boss type fitting on top. You then fit your waste pipe into it.
Job done ;)

Ooooooooorrrrrrr, always wear wellingtons when using the basin, stand very close when pulling out plug, then walk outside and empty wellingtons, gets your feet washed at the same time, handy if you have foot fungal infection like Alan Partridge.

thx for the fast reply.. only problem i have with doing that, is i now have my bathroom tiled, and the pipe for the toilet waste is to far far back (behind a false wall) that i cant get to by pulling up my floor boards... would my suggestion work, with the waste going to the other bathroom 6ft away? .... or am i going to have to just rip of some of my tiles to get to the toilet waste and add his boss fitting??

Many thanks for you help
Carolynne

Sponsored Links
All waste water pipes get smelly in due course. That's why you have a trap on the basin. Flow rate would be the main problem. This could be made worse by airlocks stopping the sink draining properly and causing smelly air bubbles to come back up through the trap.

Could you possibly post a diagram showing realtive positions of the new sink, sink in your bathroom, External wall, soil pipe and the hopper (if you have one).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back