Waste outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The main waste outlet in our kitchen runs under the house and directly into the drain (not a single stack). After removing our old kitchen we have been left with the end of the pipe coming through the floor 2 metres away from the position of the new sink. Because the new kitchen will contain a built in fridge and oven and because the water supply pipework already takes up 4mm of space we have no room behind the units. Would it be acceptable to run a new waste pipe from the existing opening under the (relatively high) plinth to the position of the new sink? This would be an incline of (up to) 16cm to 8cm over 2 metres. I was then considering running pipe vertically from this to connect with the Ubend.

The only advice I've been able to find on the net or in books assumes you are able to run the pipe behind the units so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Waste water relies mainly on gravity to take it away so your idea sounds fine. The space underneath the units isn't going to be used for anything else. The waste pipe runs in my house are tortuous in places (not my doing) but providing the path is always in a downwards direction you shouldn't have any problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back