waste pipe from downstairs toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, my hubby does this sort of thing for computers, I have been reading some of your posts - excellent stuff :D My problem is this - we live in a 60/70s timber frame ex council house. The downstairs loo waste pipe, instead of going out the back wall, seems to go right down into the floor. The toilet is older than me and needs replacing, preferably with a cheapie one but they all seem to have the waste that goes out the back, not down. Does this mean the pipe is in the concrete slab?? How on earth does one fit a modern toilet to this type of pipe, as the toilet is about a foot from the back wall and we could do with it being closer. Any advice you could give would be amazing - i have visions of our local plumber rubbing his hands in glee :) Hope this is enough information for you. Vix

Sponsored Links
Hi,

If you have concrete floor's which this soil pipe goe's into then unless you want to start knocking it out you have limited options.

Try and source a toilet with the same exit direction, which as far as i know aren't readily available, but some one else may know of somewhere that can get hold of them?

Using bends re-position the toilet to be able to fit the toilet flush to the wall, if possible.

Make up some kind of boxing to fit in behind the toilet so that the toilet can be fixed to that. You can use swan neck pan connector's or 'jolly flex' flexible pan connectors to get it back as far as possible, so your boxing is smaller. I would be careful how you bend the jolly flex's though as they can be quite restrictive and cause blockage's.

HTH Sam

they`re all Horizontal outlet now:idea: and you buy connectors to send the outlet where you want ;) ....buy both at a plumbers shop and ask for Multiquik connectors

Sponsored Links
there are a few WCs with downwards outlet... I found a manufacturer a while ago, will have to see if I can find the name. They're annoyingly difficult to find, there must be a market for them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back