Waste pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think this is in the right section if not please move to the correct one.

My gran rung to ask if i could fit a saniflo system under her stairs been a gas safe engineer and jack of all trades master of none i went round, the route for the discharge pipe is arkward, as is getting cold mains to it but thats not my problem.

The problem is the soil stack is cast iron, i have never touched one, i read you can cut them with an angle grinder then put in to plastic section where i can T in my discharge pipe. I really dont want to do it for fear of it smashing into bits.

My confusion is that the only pipe that goes into this stack is the toilet, all the other outlets, sink, bath, kitchen sink, washer, even bidet go into another pipe?

Now are all off these just going into the rain water pipework?

The gutters then have another pipe that they flow into to at the front of the property.

The house is old and my gran says thats how they used to do it but the only way i have seen is that all the 'house' meaning kitchen sink,bath,toilet etc all go into one drain then the outside surface water goes into another drain.

So could i put the outlet from the saniflo system into the drain where the existing sink, bath, kithen sink, washer, bidet goes?

I assume if the pipe in question (where sink etc goes now) would link into the surface water drain or the cast iron soil stack under the surface? I can get under the ground as building have gone over the drain covers.

Sponsored Links
Cut into the soil pipe with an angle grinder, you can then fit 2 Fernco's and a section of plastic soil pipe with a strap boss and plumb in the waste from the saniflo.

Andy

Sponsored Links

I cant fit these direct to the cast iron stack though can i? Ill still have to cut the soil stack then insert a section of plastic in?

How come there is a soil stack just for the toilet, then another for the sink wastes etc?

Does the one with all the sink wastes go into the soil stack pipe under ground or into the surface water drain under ground?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back