wasting time on another quote

JPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings.....
scenario.....downstairs bathroom. toilet waste into the concrete floor.
the usual problem of not being able to fit a new toilet back to the wall applies (waste to far from wall)(and they dont want it boxing out)
now....outside the house nr where the toilet is, there is the vent pipe for this soil pipe.(no pipes joint into it)
Is there any problems with connecting up to the vent pipe (same size as soil stack but in grey'ish) by drilling thru the wall and elbowing in ?
Physically/technically i can..any regs that say should not ?

cheers jamie

Nb...can i get a pan connector to combat this instead of the above ? (it does not possible but hay ho.. u never know)

Sponsored Links
not sure about current regs but i ran a waste into a vent stack once and the building inspector made me move it
apparently you cant tap a dry leg
and before you all line up to shoot me this is what i was told at the time :)

Cant see any probs with that, as long as the pipe under the ground from the vent to the actual drain is sound, smooth enough and has a fall.

Are you suggesting connecting up a new soil pipe to a new toilet instead of using the existing drain in the floor ?

If so why drill through the pipe to "elbow in ? why not cut it and insert a swept bend fitting.?

I think the regs. say the vertical pipe must enter the underground drainage with a long radius bend.

Sponsored Links
JPC said:
Nb...can i get a pan connector to combat this instead of the above ? (it does not possible but hay ho.. u never know)

Have you seen the pan connector which is approximately a question mark shape? ie it goes backwards off the spigot and then back under the spigot downwards. You sometimes hit a limit when the back edge of the base of the pan hits the downwards pipe. Partial solution to that can be to cut a bit out o' pipe with a diamond disc.

Villeroy and Boch do an extreme "?" mark connector which you can come several inches forwards with if the pan doesn't actually get in the way. It costs about £40 but can be worth it.

thx guys..i'll just drill out and connect up..making sure the vent pipe (soon to be a one pipe system) connects properly to the drain (as it was a air vent up till now)
cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back