Water based gloss yellowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About 18 months ago our front room and back room was redecorated. When it come to glossing we sanded. Undercoated a couple of coats. Then a couple of coats of dulux water based gloss. In some places it seems to be yellowing? Is this normal? It seems to be worse like say their is a dream catcher on the wall that overhangs a glossed casing. How do I stop it yellowing? Was it not sanded enough to remove the oil in the old gloss? I thought water based didnt yellow

Sponsored Links
This door has half the bottom part blocked by a unit/cabinet. So it's got restrictive light. How can I stop this yellowing or what paint would be best suited?

Attachments

• 20210130_095232.jpg
    20210130_095232.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 114
Was the undercoat oil-based or water-based?

Some water-based wood finishes can go very streaky in a relatively short time - so water-based isn't always the answer.

Sponsored Links
Water based? I've noticed its spots where very little natural light can get to it. I'm going to try johnstones aqua based next time as its suppose to be top stuff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back