Water entering my boiler from the flue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Can anyone help me please, I have problem with my boiler.
Whenever we seem to have a very heavy windy/rainy storm during the night by boiler stops working . It then stays like that for a day or two .
I had british gas to have a look and he refused to repair saying it was a problem with the flue not the boiler .
The boiler is in the attic with the flue coming out of the roof . The gas man seem to think that water is entering the boiler from the flue which stops it working .
Can anyone give me some advice on what i can do/buy to solve this problem .
Its a normal black looking flue if that helps.

Thanks

THE BOILER IS AN ALPHA CB28 WITH A VERTICAL FLUE

Woman without a clue

Sponsored Links
I have had this problem in the past, each time the water has landed on my fan
and caused it to fail requiring a repair.

Although they may be able to advise you without one, if you could take a photo of your flu on the roof & post that along with the make & model of your boiler the RGI's may be able to advise you better.

I had british gas to have a look and he refused to repair saying it was a problem with the flue not the boiler .

Woman without a clue

The BG guys on here say that they will always give you a quote to remedy the defect.

Did they give you a quote?

The BG guys here would probably say that you should complain to BG and try to pressure them into giving it to you.

Tony

Make and model may help . If others have come across this before and is usual on that type or whether its a install fault

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back