Water Feature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

I wonder if anyone could help. Basically I installed a water feature last year and today when I turned it on, it worked for about 5 minutes and then just cut off. The fuse in the plug is OK, I think the PUMP has gone caput. As the cable to the pump runs under my new lawn and under the deck boards, I don't really want to replace it with the exact same type. Is there a pump that I can connect to the wire that is already there or would I have to dig the old up to replace with a new pump of this sought?

Hope someone can help.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean the flex of the pump is buried under your lawn, and not in any form of ducting?

If this is the case, then you need to dig it up anyway and have it installed properly.

attatch a draw wire or piece of rope to the furthest end of the old flex, then as you pull out the old flex, this will pull in the rope, that can be used to pull the new flex back in.

Sponsored Links
RF Lighting said:
attatch a draw wire or piece of rope to the furthest end of the old flex, then as you pull out the old flex, this will pull in the rope, that can be used to pull the new flex back in.

providing the duct was installed correctly.

s.waring, i would seriously recommend you get a Masterseal socket fitted near the pond, supplied with armoured cable from the house. These are capable of being closed with the plug top inserted, and form a seal around the flex, therefore you can leave the pump plugged in all the time.

have you taken the pump apart?

it may be its impellar is stuck or even the filter or then again outlet clogged.

I hate to admit it but i had a fountain that had dropped its height, took the nozzle off and found..................................

a small part of a leaf

As breezer says, it may just be jammed up or clogged up with muck. have you ever had the pump apart? its very easy to take apart, just be careful there are a couple of fragile pieces in there. Get an old toothbrush, scrub everything down, and rinse, then put it back together. The electrical part is sealed for life, dont worry about that, but the mechanical parts are designed for easy servicing by DIYers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back