"Water palava"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Watched the news about that abominable waste of money in Hyde Park the memorial floodtain, surely when it was at the design stage they must have realised it would be troubled by algae? I bet it was no expense spared to get it finished in time for the grand opening but now the TV cameras are gone they spent no time at all in shutting it! now they are cutting small grooves to aid better grip, that'll last three days before the algae clogs the grooves, what came to mind most was watching all those strangers sitting side by side with their bare feet in the water, wonder how many verrucas were born that day? :)

Sponsored Links
I havent seen that, about the algae, but its easy to "cure" you may also be interested in this

Looking at breezer link, it's a accident waiting to happen

breezer said:
I havent seen that, about the algae, but its easy to "cure" you may also be interested in this
One thing that worries me is the "cure" going to involve chemicals? there is then an issue with allergic reactions etc especially if young children drink the stuff.

Sponsored Links
I heard, on one news report, that this fountain is fed by a natural spring. If that's the case, wouldn't the use of chemicals be inappropriate. Assuming that it's being constantly fed with new water from a spring, it would need a constant trickle feed of chemicals, and presumably, a constant discharge of the same chemicals into our environment.

Perhaps this report was mistaken. Does anyone know?

TexMex said:
Perhaps this report was mistaken
No I don't think so, my wife heard it on the radio last week, fresh water come in at the top level and out to the river at the lowest point, something like that as she just heard it in the background.

It would appear that things are being rushed for 'the moment' for that news 'sound bite' that is all that matters, the awful thing is we can see it coming and can do nothing to stop it all ... Main news in GB embroiled in Football managers' .. indescretion ? Hang on, is he not a single bloke ?

The tide of media c r * p is steadily cascading down onto us all.

P

Since i started working in the media many years ago I have seen such fabrication of events and circumstances that I tend not to believe a lot of stories nowadays, The television and newspaper mediums are by far the biggest mind bending tools around.
from subtle fooling of the viewing public into believing something is Live such as a presenter talking to a pre recorded interviewee and reading his questions from a well prepared script to down right lies and make believe.
The thing is "the buttons are being pressed" by some very powerful people and it is these people that are running our perceptions of life and the way we live and as much as you would like to think you have not been programmed in any way, believe me you have been!

Rather the way, the majority of Americans believe that Osama Bin Laden is an Iraqi :eek:

Yeah the whole 'news' thing depresses me and bemuses me by turns. Whenever I hear any 'facts' quoted I question the source and as for figures... how do they measure, well, any of them?

The same goes for advertising. I find myself uttering in disbelief, "Who could possibly believe that???" And then I realise that twenty or thirty years ago I might have.

Ding' according to the media its b#?@@y cold down your way isn't it ?

P

pipme said:

P

Yup. Me an' the elephant seals are Pee ing ice cubes! :D (So I've moved Northeast a bit - good enough for Napoleon, good enough for me!)

dingbat said:
pipme said:

P

Yup. Me an' the elephant seals are Pee ing ice cubes! :D (So I've moved Northeast a bit - good enough for Napoleon, good enough for me!)

Finking of a move meself, apparently 'Grommet' did not change name to 'Futuna' so remains lost and old wallace is on the sauce all day ... coconut cider a real south sea Acker !!

P

Sponsored Links
Back